Dominique Hogan-Doran SC has advised and appeared in numerous Royal Commissions and public inquiries into matters of general and urgent public importance: Barrister's Practice - Commissions & Investigations CV (2017) [PDF Download].
Dominique's notable cases include:
- Bergin Inquiry under the Charitable Fundraising Act 1991 (NSW) - acting for RSL LifeCare Limited, instructed by PWC Legal (2017)
- Special Commission of Inquiry into the Greyhound Racing Industry in NSW - acted for Greyhounds NSW former CEO Mr Brent Hogan, instructed by Norton Rose Fulbright and Clayton Utz (2015-2016)
- Royal Commission into Trade Union Corruption & Governance: AWU/Thiess/John Holland Case Study - acted for Mr Stephen Sasse, former Executive General Manager, John Holland Group, re his negotiations with the Hon. Bill Shorten MP (former AWU National Secretary, now Federal Opposition Leader) (2015)
- James Hardie Special Commission of Inquiry Junior Counsel Assisting the Commission, instructed by the NSW Crown Solicitor. Lengthy inquiry into the controversial James Hardie Group scheme of arrangement and re-location to the Netherlands, establishment of the Medical Research and Compensation Foundation, and under-funding of the Group's long-tail asbestos liabilities by approx. $1.8 billion (2004)
- Royal Commission into collapse of HIH Insurance Ltd (2001-2003) acted for international reinsurer Hannover Re, its Deputy CEO and senior insurance manager concerning financial reinsurance contracts entered into with HIH Insurance Ltd, instructed by Minter Ellison, including the subsequent High Court challenge to use of evidence by APRA to disqualify senior insurance managers: X v Australian Prudential Regulation Authority  HCA 4; (2007) 226 CLR 630 on appeal from Applicant Y v APRA  FCAFC 37 & Applicant X v APRA  FCA 1288; (2006) 14 ANZ Ins Cases 61.