Dominique Hogan-Doran SC has advised and appeared for numerous senior executives, public officials and government authorities caught up in many of Australia's most high profile public corruption investigations. She has been recognised her "professional and discrete manner" in circumstances often characterised by relentless media attention and charged political debate: see Barrister's Practice - Commissions & Investigations CV (2017) [PDF Download].
Dominique's notable cases include acting for:
- Deputy General Manager of the City of Botany Bay Council concerning allegations of misconduct in public office - ICAC Operation Ricco (2017)
- NSW Mine Subsidence Board in ICAC investigation concerning alleged fraud and inadequacies of contract procurement policies and procedures - ICAC Operation Tunic (2014-2016)
- Senator the Hon. Arthur Sinodinos AO in ICAC investigations in relation to his former role as President and Hon. Treasurer, Liberal Party of Australia (NSW Division) instructed by Arnold Bloch Liebler - ICAC Operation Spicer political donations inquiry (2014-2016), and in relation to his former role as Chairman of Australian Water Holdings Pty Ltd, instructed by Arnold Bloch Liebler - ICAC Operation Credo water infrastructure inquiry & related Federal Court claim (since 2014)
- Former Senior Executive General Manager, John Holland Group, Mr Stephen Sasse, in the Trade Union Royal Commission in relation to his negotiations with the Hon. Bill Shorten MP, former AWU National Secretary (now Federal Opposition Leader and Leader of the Australian Labor Party) - Royal Commission into Trade Union Corruption & Governance: AWU/Thiess/John Holland Case Study, (2015)
- Company director Mr Rodric David re his business dealings with former SHFA senior executive Andrew Kelly in the United Arab Emirates and Cayman Islands: ICAC Operation Vesta Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority leasing practices inquiry (2011)
- Dr. A. Mattar, led by Mr Paul Brererton SC (now Supreme Court of NSW) in ICAC Operation Ambrosia re fraudulent occupational licensing schemes investigation (2005)
- Mr Ken Cripps, Director-General, led by Mr G James QC in ICAC Investigation into evaluation conducted by Public Employment Office of position of Director-General, NSW Department of Community Services (1996)
Dominique also privately advises witnesses and organisations in relation to their compliance obligations under domestic and international law, with a particular focus on the construction, resources and financial services sectors.
Dominique has undertaken advanced study in US and International Anti-Corruption Law at the American University Washington College of Law and participated in the Ethical Leadership in Business Program with the Centre for Ethical Leadership at the University of Melbourne.