Dominique Hogan-Doran SC has a varied practice in matters concerning property interests, including company title and strata scheme management and development. She has particular expertise in the complex statutory regime governing managed investment schemes, acting for clients throughout Australia. Dominique also has considerable experience of winding up of unregistered schemes by ASIC and in the duties of responsible officers and scheme insurance issues. See Barrister's Practice - Litigation CV (2017) [PDF Download].
Illustrative managed investment scheme cases include acting for:
- a responsible entity of a mortgage income investment scheme and its CEO (settled at final hearing March 2015): Leda Holdings Pty Ltd v Securcorp Ltd & Ors, Federal Court (Queensland), 2015; earlier transfer application  FCA 1364
- the Founder/Chair of MFS Group Ltd (now Octaviar Ltd) in $423m securities class action (compromise approved Nov. 2012): MFS/Octaviar Class Action - Mercedes Holdings Pty Ltd & Ors v Waters (No 6)  FCA 1412
- an investment scheme's representative Mr Peter Warne (Chair, Macquarie Group), instructed by Arnold Bloch Liebler, Melbourne: "Mews" unregistered MIS winding up and associated appeals, Federal Court (Victoria), 2008-2013 [ASIC v GDK (No 14)  FCA 459 (Gordon J); ASIC v GDK (No 11)  FCA 1034 and (No 12)  FCA 1035 (Dodds-Streeton J); ZMB Australia Pty Ltd v Warne  FCA 311 (Ryan J); ZMB Australia Pty Ltd v Warne  FCAFC 65 (appeal); ASIC v GDK (No 8)  FCA 997 (Dodds-Streeton J) (ex parte for approval of compromise); ASIC v GDK (No 7)  FCA 710 (Gray J); ASIC v GDK (No 6)  FCA 1092 (Finkelstein J); AVS Property Pty Ltd v McMaster  FCAFC 81; (2010) 79 ACSR 89 (appeal); AVS Property Pty Limited v Western Retirement Village Management Ltd (In Liq)  FCA 512 (Ryan J); ASIC v GDK Financial Solutions Pty Ltd (in liq) No 3  FCA 448 (2008) 169 FCR 497 (2008) 248 ALR 766; and (No 4)  FCA 858 (Finkelstein J).] and in re NSW "Peridon" unregistered MIS winding up, NSW Supreme Court, 2004-2007
Illustrative company, community and strata title cases include acting for:
- a Point Piper home unit company in defence of claims for injunctive relief alleging oppression and class rights breaches in proposed conversion to strata title (2017)
- 19 Chinese off-the plan purchasers in dispute concerning developer rights and sunset clauses at Merchant Square strata development: West Apartments Pty Ltd v Austino Property Development Pty Ltd & 19 Ors  NSWSC, unrep Pembroke J (successfully obtained specific performance of contracts)
- a Darling Point home unit company, defending claim of invalidity re redevelopment levy & variation of class rights: In the matter of Nevada Pty Ltd  NSWSC 1499
- a strata lot owner in dispute concerning proper construction of exclusive use by-laws: Webb v Borg  NSWSC unrep Nicholas J
- the national strata scheme managers SSKB in management rights dispute concerning the commercial and residential developments at Victoria Points Dockland in Melbourne, instructed by Russell Kennedy, Melbourne: Stuart Silver King & Burns (Victoria) re Victoria Points Dockland OC1 & OC4 (Plan of Subdivision PS 509916K) (2011) VSC & VCAT
- the owners corporation of a Gold Coast, Qld community title scheme in management rights dispute: Henderson & Anor & Body Corporate of Merrimac Heights CTS 19563  QSC 336.
- a landlord in retail lease dispute: Vale v Rosychamp  NSWSC 1373 and related injunctive and ADT proceedings: see  NSWSC 1341.