Royal Commissions & Public Inquiries
Dominique Hogan-Doran SC has acted in many of Australia's most high profile inquiries into complex governance & integrity issues.
Dominique works closely with boards and senior executives to respond to compulsory inquiry processes, and provides strategic advice to enhance and strengthen governance & risk management policies & procedures.
She also provides specialist representation in related enforcement action by industry regulators, as well as related class actions.
· Commonwealth Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality & Safety - for numerous aged care providers, briefed by Clayton Utz, Hall & Wilcox, Moray and Agnew, Piper Alderman (2018-2019)
· Commonwealth Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation & Financial Services Industry before the Hon. Kenneth Hayne AC QC - for Commonwealth Bank of Australia. Dominique led the counsel team in the hearings relating to Consumer Lending and fraudulent mortgage brokers, briefed by Clayton Utz. She also advised the Energy Industry Superannuation Scheme, briefed by Hall & Wilcox, in relation to the Superannuation hearings (2018)
· Commonwealth Royal Commission into Trade Union Corruption & Governance (AWU Case Study) before the Hon. Dyson Heydon QC - acted for Thiess/John Holland senior executive Stephen Sasse, re his negotiations with the Hon. Bill Shorten MP (2015)
· Commonwealth Royal Commission into collapse of HIH Insurance Ltd before the Hon. Justice Neville Owen - acted for Hannover Re, briefed by Minter Ellison (2001-2003). Subsequently appeared in disqualification action by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority: Applicant X v APRA  FCA 1288; (2006) 14 ANZ Ins Cases 61 (2004-2007); Applicant Y v APRA  FCAFC 37; X & Ors v APRA  HCA 4; (2007) 226 CLR 630 and in successful defence of a shareholder class action: Johnstone v HIH Insurance Ltd  FCA 1414; Johnstone v HIH Ltd  FCA 190.
Special Commissions & Public Inquiries
· NSW Ombudsman's Inquiry into Water Compliance & Enforcement - acted for WaterNSW, briefed by Norton Rose Fulbright (2017-2018)
· NSW Public Inquiry into Charitable Fundraising before the Hon. Patricia Bergin SC - acted for RSL LifeCare, briefed by Clayton Utz. Also acted in related Australian Not-for-Profits & Charities Commission investigation (enforceable undertaking accepted) (2017-2018)
· NSW Special Commission of Inquiry into Greyhound Racing Industry in NSW before the Hon. Michael McHugh QC - acted for CEO GreyhoundsNSW, instructed by Norton Rose Fulbright & Clayton Utz (2015-2016)
· NSW Special Commission of Inquiry into The Medical Research & Compensation Foundation before David Jackson QC (aka the James Hardie Inquiry) - Junior Counsel Assisting, briefed by NSW Crown Solicitors (2004). Subsequently briefed for the Australian Securities & Investments Commission in successful civil penalty proceedings: ASIC v Macdonald (No 12)  NSWSC 714; 73 ACSR 638 and ASIC v Macdonald (No 11)  NSWSC 287; (2009) 71 ACSR 368 (2007-2010).
Corruption & Integrity Inquiries
· Senate Economics References Committee Inquiry into Foreign Bribery - acted for Leightons Holdings Limited (now Cimic Group) senior executive Stephen Sasse (2016-2018)
· ICAC Operation Ricco (Botany Bay Council) before Peter Hall QC - acted for Deputy General Manager, Lorraine Cullinane re allegations of misfeasance in public office (2017)
· ICAC Operation Credo (Australian Water Holdings) before the Hon. Megan Latham - appeared for Senator the Hon. Arthur Sinodinos re former role as Chair of Australian Water Holdings; also in related proceedings by minority shareholders: TSDack Pty Limited v Australian Water Holdings Pty Limited  FCA 931 (settled) (2014-2017).
· ICAC Operation Spicer (Political Donations) before the Hon. Megan Latham - appeared for Senator the Hon. Arthur Sinodinos re former role as Treasurer of the Liberal Party of Australia (NSW Division) (2014-2016)
· ICAC Operation Tunic (NSW Mine Subsidence Board) before the Hon. Megan Latham - appeared for the NSW Mine Subsidence Board re allegations of fraud and corruption in contract procurement & management, and inadequacy of corruption prevention measures (2014-2015)
· ICAC Operation Vesta (Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority) before the Hon. David Ipp QC (2011) - appeared for Rodric David re allegations of an undisclosed conflict of interest of a SHFA officer in relation to properties owned by the SHFA in The Rocks, Sydney (2010-2011)
· ICAC Operation Ambrosia (NSW TAFE) before the Hon. Jerrold Cripps QC - appeared for witness in investigation of schemes exploiting weaknesses in the licensing system to fraudulently obtain contractor licences for residential building and building trade work (2005)
· ICAC Investigation into evaluation conducted by Public Employment Office of position ofDirector-General, NSW Department of Community Services – for the Director-General, Mr Ken Cripps, in re his dealings with the Hon. Bob Carr MP, Premier of New South Wales (1996)