Royal Commissions & ICAC
Dominique has acted in many of Australia's most high profile inquiries into complex governance & integrity issues.
She works closely with boards and senior management to respond to compulsory inquiry processes, and provides strategic advice to enhance and strengthen governance & risk management policies & procedures.
Dominique also provides specialist representation in related enforcement actions and class actions.
Download Corruption & Integrity Curriculum Vitae (May 2019)
· Commonwealth Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality & Safety (2018-2019) - appearing for Garden View Aged Care in the Sydney Hearing (May 2019), briefed by Sparke Helmore; advised numerous aged care providers in relation to their initial submissions & Adelaide Hearing 1 (February 2019), briefed by Clayton Utz, Hall & Wilcox, Moray and Agnew, Piper Alderman
· Commonwealth Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation & Financial Services Industry before the Hon. Kenneth Hayne AC QC (2018) - appeared for Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Aussie Home Loans) in Round 1 Hearings (Consumer Lending), briefed by Clayton Utz; advised EISS Super & Club Plus Super, briefed by Hall & Wilcox, in relation to Round 5 Hearings (Superannuation)
· Commonwealth Royal Commission into Trade Union Corruption & Governance (AWU Case Study) before the Hon. Dyson Heydon QC - appeared for Thiess/John Holland senior executive Stephen Sasse, re his negotiations with the Hon. Bill Shorten MP (2015)
· Commonwealth Royal Commission into collapse of HIH Insurance Ltd before the Hon. Justice Neville Owen - appeared for Hannover Re, briefed by Minter Ellison (2001-2003). Subsequently appeared in disqualification action by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority: Applicant X v APRA  FCA 1288; (2006) 14 ANZ Ins Cases 61 (2004-2007); Applicant Y v APRA  FCAFC 37; X & Ors v APRA  HCA 4; (2007) 226 CLR 630 and in successful defence of a shareholder class action: Johnstone v HIH Insurance Ltd  FCA 1414; Johnstone v HIH Ltd  FCA 190.
Special Commissions & Public Inquiries
· NSW Ombudsman's Inquiry into Water Compliance & Enforcement - acted for WaterNSW, briefed by Norton Rose Fulbright (2017-2018)
· NSW Public Inquiry into Charitable Fundraising before the Hon. Patricia Bergin SC - appeared for RSL LifeCare, briefed by Clayton Utz. Also acted in related Australian Not-for-Profits & Charities Commission investigation (enforceable undertaking accepted) (2017-2018)
· NSW Special Commission of Inquiry into Greyhound Racing Industry in NSW before the Hon. Michael McHugh QC - appeared for CEO GreyhoundsNSW, briefed by Norton Rose Fulbright & Clayton Utz (2015-2016)
· NSW Special Commission of Inquiry into The Medical Research & Compensation Foundation before David Jackson QC (aka the James Hardie Inquiry) - Junior Counsel Assisting, briefed by NSW Crown Solicitors (2004). Subsequently briefed for the Australian Securities & Investments Commission in successful civil penalty proceedings: ASIC v Macdonald (No 12)  NSWSC 714; 73 ACSR 638 and ASIC v Macdonald (No 11)  NSWSC 287; (2009) 71 ACSR 368 (2007-2010).
Corruption & Integrity Inquiries
· ICAC Operation Ember (Roads and Maritime Services) - appearing for NSW Roads & Maritime Services, briefed by Norton Rose Fulbright (2019)
· Senate Economics References Committee Inquiry into Foreign Bribery - acted for Leightons Holdings Limited (now Cimic Group) senior executive Stephen Sasse (2016-2018)
· ICAC Operation Ricco (Botany Bay Council) before Peter Hall QC - appeared for Deputy General Manager, Lorraine Cullinane re allegations of misfeasance in public office (2017)
· ICAC Operation Credo (Australian Water Holdings) before the Hon. Megan Latham - appeared for Senator the Hon. Arthur Sinodinos re former role as Chair of Australian Water Holdings; also in related proceedings by minority shareholders: TSDack Pty Limited v Australian Water Holdings Pty Limited  FCA 931 (settled) (2014-2017).
· ICAC Operation Spicer (Political Donations) before the Hon. Megan Latham - appeared for Senator the Hon. Arthur Sinodinos re former role as Treasurer of the Liberal Party of Australia (NSW Division) (2014-2016)
· ICAC Operation Tunic (NSW Mine Subsidence Board) before the Hon. Megan Latham - appeared for the NSW Mine Subsidence Board re allegations of fraud and corruption in contract procurement & management, and inadequacy of corruption prevention measures (2014-2015)
· ICAC Operation Vesta (Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority) before the Hon. David Ipp QC (2011) - appeared for Rodric David re allegations of an undisclosed conflict of interest of a SHFA officer in relation to properties owned by the SHFA in The Rocks, Sydney (2010-2011)
· ICAC Operation Ambrosia (NSW TAFE) before the Hon. Jerrold Cripps QC - appeared for witness in investigation of schemes exploiting weaknesses in the licensing system to fraudulently obtain contractor licences for residential building and building trade work (2005)
· ICAC Investigation into evaluation conducted by Public Employment Office of position ofDirector-General, NSW Department of Community Services – for the Director-General, Mr Ken Cripps, in re his dealings with the Hon. Bob Carr MP, Premier of New South Wales (1996)