Dominique Hogan-Doran SC has a broad and diverse practice in corporate and commercial matters including banking, financial services, & superannuation; regulatory compliance and enforcement action; and public inquiries involving governance & integrity issues.
Notable 2018 matters include acting for:
* Commonwealth Bank of Australia (t/as Aussie Home Loans) - in the Commonwealth Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry (instructed by Clayton Utz)
* Canberra Raiders Sports Club - in judicial review and merits review proceedings against the ACT Gambling and Racing Commission heard by the ACT Supreme Court and the ACT Civil & Administrative Tribunal (instructed by Snedden, Hall & Gallop, Canberra)
* the Registered Organisations Commissioner - in Federal Court civil penalty proceedings against the Communications, Electrical, and Plumbing Union of Australia in the Federal Court of Australia (instructed by Lander & Rogers, Melbourne)
* a Victorian beneficiary of a substantial testamentary trust - in an application for judicial advice and directions heard by the Supreme Court of Queensland (instructed by Bradley, Allen, Love, Canberra)
* WaterNSW - in the NSW Ombudsman's investigation into Water Compliance and Enforcement, and in re the South Australian Murray-Darling Basin Royal Commission (instructed by Norton Rose Fulbright)
* RSL LifeCare - in the NSW Public Inquiry into Charitable Fundraising and re the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission's investigation & enforcement action (instructed by PWC & Clayton Utz)
* an international client - in re potential enforcement action by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission for alleged contraventions of the Franchising Code of Conduct & Australian Consumer Law (instructed by Holman Webb)
* a Queensland client - in re potential enforcement action by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission for alleged contraventions of the conflicted remuneration prohibitions and re financial advice concerning the establishment of SMSFs (instructed by Hall & Wilcox)
* the trustee of an industry superannuation fund - in re prudential regulation of its defined benefits and accumulation schemes, and re the Commonwealth Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry (instructed direct)
For more information on these cases and those from earlier periods click here.