Dominique Hogan-Doran SC is an accredited Mediator & Principal of Phillip Street Mediation, a commercial disputes resolution service provider (www.phillipstreetmediation.com). She often acts as a mediator in complex, multi-party commercial mediations. Her broad experience in all commercial areas enables her to grasp issues quickly and understand the long term effect of commercial relationships.
Dominique has been recognised by Doyle's Guide to The Australian Legal Profession as a "Leading Mediator NSW” (2018, 2019), Best Lawyers in Australia 2020 for Litigation, and Doyles Guide to the Australian Legal Profession as a Leading Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Senior Counsel in NSW (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019).
· Solicitor’s Negligence Claim (2019) - Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory - solicitor’s negligence claim re alleged failure to secure certificate of title, lodge caveat, & register mortgage over pastoral land (Solicitors - Bradley Allen Love; K&L Gates)
· Retail Bank Transformation Project (2018) - Supreme Court of NSW Commercial List - retail bank transformation project (Solicitors - McKells; Allens Linklaters)
· Solicitor’s Negligence Claims (2018) Supreme Court of NSW Professional Negligence List - four related sets of proceedings by former retail bank employees against their former solicitors (Solicitors - Somerset Ryckmans; Kennedys)
· Medical Services Practice & Retail Bank (2017)- District Court of NSW - medical services practice & Australian retail bank - alleged cheques frauds by former business manager (Solicitors - Shine Lawyers; Kemp Strang)
· Rural Investors & Retail Bank (2016) - Federal Court of Australia - rural investors and Australian retail bank - responsible lending obligations (Solicitors - Squire Patton Boggs; Allens Linklaters)
· Insurers & Premium Funder (2015) - Pre-action mediation - professional indemnity insurers and insurance premium funder of architectural business in external administration (Solicitors - Minter Ellison; Brand Partners Melbourne)
· Resort Development Joint Venture (2014) - Supreme Court of NSW Commercial List - multi party dispute - treatment of share allocations, contribution adjustments, claims for unpaid directors' fees, fee and profit share claims, & burden of prior costs orders
- Kennedys has used Dominique as a mediator, in complex multi party commercial mediations. She has the ability to understand each party’s point of view, and of more significance, is able to understand the long term effect of various commercial relationships and convey why it is in each party's interest to settle. One advantage of using Dominique, is her broad experience in all commercial areas, which enable her to grasp issues quickly. I highly recommend Dominique as a mediator. (March 2019)